Our vision is for the Trust to build on and strengthen the collaboration which has already been achieved in terms of support and sharing best practice, and to create a learning community which seeks to further improve teaching and learning for all. Being part of a trust ensures each school can maintain their own individuality – ethos and vision – whilst allowing a support network which will give all participating schools the opportunity to succeed.
The CARE Foundation Trust will work together to ensure a high-quality learning experience for children within Trust schools. The Trust will provide a strong and well-tested legal entity through which to collaborate more effectively for the benefit of our pupils. The trust will seek to engage external partners to strengthen the quality of education on offer.
As a Co-operative Education Trust, we will adopt and support the values and principles of the co-operative movement in our work: all Co-operatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. Co-operative members also believe in honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others. Members of the Foundation Trust board will continue to consult with and represent all members of the school communities and other stakeholders involved in our schools including staff, pupils, parents and members of the local communities.
Aims & Ambitions
- Develop outstanding teaching for all our learners.
We will use the Trust to develop and support work designed to:
- Deliver high quality and outstanding teaching.
- Utilise local resources efficiently in the interests of learning.
- Develop the expertise of our staff to ensure all learners can achieve.
- Ensure that all learners make significant progress during their time at school.
- Offer a positive and supportive staff environment with the prospect of progression within the Trust, ensuring all staff are motivated, enthusiastic and positive role models.
- Ensure that our education partnership includes working with the wider community.
We will use the expertise and resources available in our Trust to support work designed to:
- Develop and share resources to improve outcomes for our learners.
- Engage local community organisations and extend what schools can offer.
- Engage other partners who can support our work to the benefit of our learners, staff and governors.
- Extend and enrich the curricula and learning opportunities for all our children.
- Harness the practical benefits of a wider working group
We will use the facilities and partnerships to offer practical support in a time of declining local authority resources to:
- Offer each other practical support in the form of peer reviews, external advisors, moderation, training, development and sharing best practice.
- Negotiate together and with the support of our partner organisations achieve better value for money, improved resources and offer vital savings to school budgets.
- Support fellow schools in times of need by sharing advice and resources as required and agreed by the Foundation Trust Board.